Pancakes are one of the easiest – and most fun – recipes you can do with your kids! This step-by-step guide to making delicious pancakes is perfect for any Pancake Day celebration. A small warning, though: They’re so fun to make, you might find yourself eating these tasty snacks throughout the year! Download our pancake recipe (PDF) here to print off your own copy of the instructions below.
How to Make Pancakes for Pancake Day
For about a dozen pancakes, you will need:
- 200g plain white flour
- 300ml milk
- 300ml water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, and an extra dash to grease the frying pan.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Make a well and break the egg into the centre, before adding a splash of milk
- Mix gently, then pour in the rest of the milk and mix until the mixture’s smooth.
- Add the oil and water and beat for a minute or two.
- Now it’s time to cook. Heat a splash of oil in the pan and let it get really hot, then spoon in about three tablespoons of pancake mixture and cook for just less than a minute.
- When you’re ready, give it a flip, and don’t be afraid of dropping it – practice makes perfect!
- Top your pancake with whatever you like. Enjoy!
Anyone will tell you that it’s the toppings that really make a pancake! Here are some classic combinations kids are sure to gobble up in no time:
- Sugar and lemon
- Apple, cinnamon, and raisins
- Banana and honey
- Ice cream and chocolate sauce
- Strawberry jam and cream
Making pancakes with kids can get messy!
Kids love to cook, but they love to get messy too – luckily, you can check out our stain removal tips for help when your kitchen helpers get carried away! Just remember: Before cleaning any stain, check the garment label for wash care symbols, and always conduct a test on a hidden area of fabric.
Have a great Pancake Day with your kids! We’d love to hear how it goes: Did you flip the pancakes successfully? What are your favourite toppings? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!