We’ve created two scavenger hunts for you to try out – one at home and another for when you can get out to a local park.
Simply hand them the scavenger hunt list along with a bag or box and give them an hour to find all the items before claiming their reward! Prizes could be as dazzling as a trip to the cinema, or as delicious as ice cream cones smothered in chocolate sauce!
What you need:
- A prize
- Shoebox or rucksack
- Pens, pencils and/or crayons
- Pad of paper
- Stopwatch with an alarm
- Matchboxes to contain tiny finds
Scavenger Hunt List 1 – The Great Outdoor Scavenger Hunt!
- Something that fell out of a tree (no leaves allowed!)
- Something that makes a noise when shaken
- Three types of leaf
- Something beginning with ‘D’
- Something white
- Something really soft
- Something faster than a snail
Scavenger Hunt List 2 – Hunters in the home!
- A book with the word ‘continent’ written in it
- A photo of a grandparent
- Something with the word ‘special’ printed on it
- The phone number for a local business you choose (without use of the internet!)
- Make an instrument out of household objects – the more imaginative, the better!
- Draw a self-portrait whilst pulling a funny face
- Something diamond-shaped