We all remember making these when we were young. Add leaves for extra tastiness!
What you need:
- Disposable aluminium tray
- Thick mud!
- Pebbles, shells, sticks or leaves for pie filling
What to do:
- Line the tray with a layer of the thick mud. Push the mud into the tray and around the edge with your fingertips.
- Pile your chosen filling into the pie
- Add some water to your mud to make it runny and then drizzle it through your hand onto the top of your pie. You can make strips or wriggles or if you like you can completely cover the filling!
- Serve your delicious pie to your friends and family!
Safety warnings: Ensure children do not play with dirt that may have been contaminated by animals. Ensure that children do not put dirt or dirty hands in their mouths. Do not use potting mix; it is dangerous as it contains a potentially harmful bacteria. Ensure any cuts are covered. Wash hands afterwards and obviously do not eat the pies!