LEGAL NOTICE – PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE. IT REGULATES YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ALL MATERIAL WITHIN IT.
This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by:-
Unilever UK Limited
Registered in England & Wales No 334527
Registered office: Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7GR, UK
(hereinafter referred to as “Unilever”)
The site can be accessed from various other countries around the World. Each of these places has laws that may differ from those of the United Kingdom. By accessing the site both you and we agree that the laws of England & Wales shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to the use and contents of this site, unless we specify that the law of another country applies to particular elements of the site. You also agree that unless we specify otherwise that the courts of England and Wales shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction with respect to such matters.
This site is designed only for persons located in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland and information regarding products, services, and promotions are applicable to those countries alone.
No representation or warranty is given that the materials contained in the site are appropriate to, available in or relevant for any other location.
Persons in other countries should refer to the Unilever PLC/N.V. website http:http://www.unilever.com
Copyright © 2011 Unilever. All rights reserved. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images, sound, software and other materials on this site are owned by Unilever and its affiliated companies or are included with the permission of the relevant owner. References to affiliates or affiliated companies shall include all members of the Unilever Group.
You are permitted to browse this site and to reproduce extracts by way of printing, downloading to a hard disk, and by distribution to other people, but in all cases for informational purposes only and provided that the above copyright notice appears in all such reproductions. No reproduction of any part of the site may be sold or distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic format, including posting to any other site. No other licence or right is granted.
All trade marks displayed on this site are either owned or used under licence by Unilever and its affiliates. The unauthorised use of any trade mark on this site is strictly prohibited.
Reference to any product or service on the site does not constitute an offer to sell or supply that product or service. Specific advice concerning the availability and suitability of any particular product or service should be sought before purchase.
It is the policy of Unilever not to accept any unsolicited suggestions for product improvements, new product idea or marketing ideas from outside the company. Any unsolicited suggestions or information you send us, including recipes, will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential and become the property of Unilever without compensation, for exclusive use at our unlimited discretion.
The information on this site has been included in good faith but is for general informational purposes only. It should not be relied on for any specific purpose and no representation or warranty is given as regards its accuracy or completeness. No information at this site shall constitute an invitation to invest in any member of the Unilever Group nor should it be used as the basis for any investment decision. Neither Unilever nor any of its affiliates nor its or their officers, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising out of any access to or use of this site or any site linked to it including, without limitation, any loss of profit, indirect, incidental or consequential loss.
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this site as and when we consider it appropriate and without notice.
At various points throughout the site you may be offered automatic links to other Internet sites relevant to a particular aspect of this site. This does not indicate that Unilever is necessarily associated with any of these other sites or their owners. Whilst it is the intention of the company that you should find these other sites of interest, neither the company, its affiliates, nor its or their officers, employees or agents shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for these other sites or any information contained in them, none of which have been verified or endorsed by the company or its affiliates. If at any time you find that you have accessed another site you may return to this site by clicking on the “backwards” arrow, or by keying in the web address: http://www.persil.co.uk
This site is designed for residents of the United Kingdom. The Data Controller of Personal Data collected through this website is
Unilever UK Limited
Registered in England & Wales No 334527
Registered office: Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7GR UK
We are committed to protecting your personal data and complying with relevant data protection legislation. This Privacy Page outlines the type of information that is collected by us on this website, and how we use and protect it. This Statement also outlines your rights regarding data protection, and tells you how to contact us. This Statement applies only to this web site. For example, it does not apply to banners, advertisements or promotions we may sponsor or participate in on websites owned by third parties.
(a) What we collect and why
When referring to “personal data”, we mean information we collect from you, from which you may be personally identified. Typically, this may include your name, address, telephone number (including mobile number), credit card information, screen name, email address, age, sex and family status, but may also include other information such as shopping habits and preferences and lifestyle details such as hobbies and interests. Please be assured that we will not collect any personal data from your visits to our site unless you provide this information voluntarily.
When you supply personal data to us through this website, it will be clear what we plan to use the data for and we will seek your consent to such use. We will then use it only for such purposes. Typical purposes are as follows:
(i) Answering your queries
Where you send us personal data in the context of asking us a question or query (for example, about the company, or its products or services or their quality or availability), we shall use the data you provide in order to respond to your question. In some cases, it may be necessary to share your details with other members of the Unilever Group, or with other third party Data Processors.
(ii) Entering a promotion
We may use personal data submitted in an entry form for a promotion for the purpose of administering the promotion in accordance with its stated rules. Such rules may require the publication of abbreviated winners’ identity details, and may require winners to participate in future publicity. The promotion may be administered by third party agencies on our behalf, who may have access to the data you submit (see Data Processors).
(iii) Fulfilling a contract/order
We may use personal data you submit to us when ordering goods or services from us for the purpose of fulfilling that order, and it may be necessary for us to share such data with third parties such as the card payment services provider or carrier of goods.
(iv) Future direct marketing
Where you elect to receive such material, we will from time to time send you information and/or offers about our goods and/or services which we believe may be of interest to you. If you agree, we may also share your data with or pass it to other companies in the Unilever Group and other carefully selected companies who may wish to send you information and/or offers about their goods/services, as stated at the time we collect your data. At any time, however, you may unsubscribe from (“opt out” of) such future contact.
(b) Processing outside the EEA
This website is hosted in the United States. The United States currently has no federal law protecting personal data, but the hosting organisation is contractually bound to implement measures to help protect your personal data and not to process such data except in accordance with our instructions. Any future hosting organisation used in relation to this site will be similarly bound.
At times we may retain third parties to process or analyse data we collect on our web sites, including your personal data. For example, the website may be maintained or hosted by a specialist IT services agency, and any promotions may be administered by a sales promotion agency. In addition, if you order a product or service from us, we may share personal data with suppliers and other third parties to allow payment and delivery of such product or service. These suppliers and other third parties are contractually obliged not to use your personal data in any way other than that which we have specified.
We take reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure, and require third party Data Processors to do likewise. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse. Please note, however, that we may release your personal data if required to do so by law, or by search warrant, subpoena or court order.
You can change your cookie preferences for this site and all Unilever group sites here.
We are a member of the Unilever PLC/NV Group of companies.
The Unilever PLC/NV Group is one of the world’s largest consumer products groups, marketing a wide range of foods and home and personal care products. Our purpose is to meet the everyday needs of people everywhere.
Unilever’s major group companies and their brands in the UK are:
|Unilever UK Limited||Home care: Persil, Surf, Comfort, Cif, Domestos
Health & Beauty: Dove, Sure, Lynx, Impulse, Timotei, Sunsilk, Vaseline, Lux, Pond’s, Radox, Matey, Badedas, Brylcreem, Vitapointe.
Ice cream: Wall’s, Magnum, Cornetto, Feast, Solero, Carte D’Or, Ben & Jerry’s, Viennetta
Foods: Flora, Flora pro.activ, Hellmann’s, PG tips, Bertolli, Pot Noodle, Colman’s, Knorr, I can’t Believe it’s not Butter!, Slim.Fast, Bovril, Elmlea, Marmite, Peperami, Stork
Under EU data protection law, your rights include:-
(a) a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data to which you have previously consented;
(b) a right to obtain a copy of the personal data which we hold about you (we reserve the right to charge a small fee for the exercise of this right);
(c) a right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
(d) a right to have incorrect personal data we hold about you corrected.
If you wish to raise any data protection issue with us, or exercise any of your legal rights, please contact us:-
Data Protection Office, Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead KT22 7GR UK
E-mail address: email@example.com
1. Open to UK residents, aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and Nisa-Today’s (Holdings) Ltd, their families, agencies or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, text “NISAPERSIL” to the number displayed on Persil small & mighty shelf, inside the Nisa store.
3. Text entries received after the closing date will not be entered but may still be charged.
4. Texts will be charged at your standard network rate and may not be included in any inclusive text message package.
5. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
6. There is no limit to the number of entries any individual can make.
7. Closing date for receipt of entries is 1800 (GMT) 30 June 2011.
8. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
9. There are a total of 486 prizes to be won, with one prize to be won every 30 minutes from 0900 (GMT) to 1800 (GMT) from 04 June 2011 to 30 June 2011, inclusive. Entries made before the closing date, but after 1800 (GMT), will be automatically entered in the next 30 minute draw, at 0930 (GMT) the following morning. Each lucky winner will win a small & mighty Kids’ Experience for two children, aged between 5 and 12 years old. Each prize consists of a voucher and full booking information for two children to enjoy up to 6.5 hours of either a Kids Dance Experience, a Kids Sports Experience, a Kids Adventure Experience, a Kids Spy School Experience or a Kids Martial Arts Experience. The experience sessions will run on selected weekdays during the school holidays, subject to availability, at 60 locations in Blackpool, Brighton, Cambridge, Chester, Croydon, Exeter, Gloucester, Harrogate, Hemel Hempstead, Leeds, Northampton, Oxford, Reading, Richmond, St Albans, Stoke, Walsall, Worcester and York. All activities may not be available at every location. Winners must book the Experience of their choice directly with their chosen centre and need to advise the centre of the age of the children at the time of booking so they can be put within the correct age group (5-7 years and 8-12 years). By claiming the prize and making the booking the winners agree to be bound by the voucher and their chosen centre’s terms and conditions. All participants must have written parental or guardian consent. Parents need to leave their children at their chosen centre for the duration of the experience. Lunch is not included, children should take a packed lunch, drinks and a refillable water bottle. Travel to and from the experience is not included. The experience must be booked and taken before December 2011 during the school holidays, subject to availability, and it cannot be taken over Christmas, New Year, Easter and Bank Holidays.
10. The first entry drawn at random under supervision of an independent judge from all entries received within each valid half hour period before the closing date will win a prize. In the event of any dispute the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. Each winner will be notified by text within one hour of their entering. They will then be contacted by telephone within 28 days of the Closing Date. Each winner must claim their prize within 28 days of notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
12. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on request to those writing to: Persil Nisa Win Every 30 Minutes, N2O Limited, No.1 Windsor Business Centre, Vansittart Estate, Windsor, SL4 1SP, within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE.
13. The winner may be required to participate in publicity arising from this promotion.
14. By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
15. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, KT22 7GR. (Please do not send entries to this address).